3. “I implore Thee, O my Lord, by Thine Ark, through which the potency of Thy will was manifested and the energizing influences of Thy purpose were revealed. . . .” —Bahá’u’lláh, Prayers and Meditations 271
4. “. . . Whatever pertaineth to [the Manifestation], all His acts and doings, whatever He ordaineth or forbiddeth, should be considered . . . as identical with the Will of God Himself.”—Bahá’u’lláh, Gleanings 167
5. “Thou didst bring mankind into being to know Thee and to serve Thy Cause, that their station might thereby be uplifted by virtue of the things Thou hast revealed in Thy Scriptures.”—Tablets of Bahá’u’lláh 111
6. “… In the beginning one must make his steps firm in the Covenant so that the confirmations of Bahá’u’lláh may encircle from all sides . . . and the exhortations and advices of ‘Abdu’l-Bahá, like unto the pictures engraved on stone, may remain permanent and ineffaceable in the tablets of the hearts.” —‘Abdu’l-Bahá, Tablets of the Divine Plan 49
7. “God created in us a divine holy spirit—the human spirit with its intellectual powers which are above the powers of nature. . . . This power gives man effectual control over nature. He is enabled to discover reality and bring invisible things into the courts of the visible. Thus he is enabled to render effective the will of God and give it material station. . . . This is that which should be used for the acquisition and manifestation of the bounties of God, that ye may establish the Kingdom of God among men and attain to happiness in both worlds, the visible and the invisible.”—‘Abdu’l-Bahá, The Divine Art of Living 17
8. “[Bahá’u’lláh’s] reason for putting on the heavy iron chains . . . was to lead every soul on earth to concord, to fellow-feeling, to oneness; to make known amongst all peoples the sign of the singleness of God, so that at last the primal oneness deposited at the heart of all created things would bear its destined fruit. . . .”
“. . . Let us turn our eyes away from empty fantasies of this world’s divergent forms, and serve instead this pre-eminent purpose, this grand design.” —Selections from the Writings of ‘Abdu’l-Bahá 263
9. “Know this for a certainty that today, the penetrative power in the arteries of the world of humanity is the power of the Covenant. The body of the world will not be moved through any power like unto this. This Spirit of the Covenant is the real Centre of love and is reflecting its rays to all parts of the globe, which are resuscitating and regenerating man and illuminating the path to the Kingdom.” —‘Abdu’l-Bahá, The Power of the Covenant, Vol. II, intro.